Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mama's Due with Baby #2


So if you follow Eric or I on facebook or twitter, you will notice that we just posted this announcement.....


That's right--baby #2 is coming in June!  We are pretty excited about it (and I'm also nervous....2 children?!?!) I'm right at 10 weeks along and so far, things have checked out well at the doctor.
Since we moved to Jeff City, I had to find a new doctor and I think when she read my chart, she thought I had just had Cooper this past August.  The first thing she said when she came in was, "Wow. I bet this was a surprise!" I responded with, "Well, they will be almost two years apart, so I don't think it's too crazy."  She then said, "Oh, your first baby was born in 2012....not Aug 2013"
That would be crazy though--I think that's also against doctors orders :)

We have gotten the question (fairly often)...."Were you trying / Was this planned?"  So if that's what you are thinking, the answer is that we weren't actively trying or actively preventing.  We were comfortable getting pregnant at any point, once Cooper turned a year.  We found out at the end of September, when I took a test after being a little sick.  I think it was actually unrelated though, because then Eric and several of our friends also ended up getting sick within a couple of days.

That's really all we have about it now.  I'm nervous knowing our budget is going to get tighter, with rising insurance costs, extra diapers, etc...but Eric brings me back down and reminds me that God provides and He is in complete control.  We have also had several friends with miscarriages in the last year, and that is just a reminder that as we are not promised tomorrow, this baby isn't either.  Of course we are praying for a healthy and thriving pregnancy, but we know that God is control and will trust Him completely.

Thanks for sharing in our exciting news with us!



Caption for what actually was happening during the photo: Eric had some little dixie cups in his camera bag, so he had gone into Cooper's room to mess around with taking pictures.  Cooper had started to play with the cups and then Eric put him in the crib to try taking some pictures.  Cooper either dropped or threw the cups out and then began to cry because he wanted them back.  We just took advantage of the situation :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love the announcement...so funny! :) I need to get back to the blog world - it was fun reading a bit and catching up some with what's going on with you guys! I'm so happy for you! -Alicia

    ReplyDelete