We have lived in Jefferson City for 6 months now. It's kind of crazy that we have already been here for half of a year. We looked at houses for 2-3 months (and probably saw around 30 in person) before finally settling on a house. We had actually put an offer on a house and were under contract when some issues came up at the inspection. We like our new house. I recently told Eric that I don't LOVE it. It has some great features that I think will prove to be wonderful in the future....like a big back deck, flat driveway in the back, and a backyard. It's funny though that we've had more little hiccups in our 1987 house than we did in our 1950's house. We had to have the valves changed for the washer hookup, a plumber come for a clogged kitchen sink, a new door between the garage and basement....and we could use a new garage door. The carpet is also not wonderful--but we decided to live with it for now, since we have a toddler. We have been fortunate though to get a new dishwasher (TODAY) and refrigerator, along with some new blinds and paint on the walls. Someone recently asked me if we had any DIY projects we're working on, which sadly, I think the answer is no. But it made me think that I haven't really posted anything about our new house, so I thought I'd share a few pictures.
Master Bedroom (Before):
Master Bedroom (After):
Not only is my husband an excellent painter, but he also loves me enough to paint all the trim/doors white. Now that is true love ;) The walls in our room and Cooper's room are Coventry Gray by Benjamin Moore. So there is the first peek at our JC home. We don't have anything hanging over the bed--any suggestions?
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment