I had a doctor's appointment last week, so I thought I would give a little update on Baby #2.
Due date: June 2, 2014
How far along: 13 weeks (second trimester as of today)
How/when did you find out: I found out on September 25th by taking a pregnancy test and then
that was confirmed at the doctor on October 22nd.
How have you been feeling: I've been feeling pretty good. There are mornings that I wake up a little nauseous, but as soon as I get something to eat, I'm much better. I think I'm over the "super tired" feeling. I've been trying to stay active (even with the cold weather) and have even taken Cooper mall-walking :) I had a goal last pregnancy to run a 5k, which didn't happen. I'm pleased that I have already completed two this pregnancy. I ran one in Eric's hometown back in September (just a couple days before I found out--but was already pregnant) and then ran/walked one with friends in Columbia in October.
Are you going to find out the gender: Yes, as long as baby cooperates! I think if we had one girl and one boy, I would possibly do a surprise for a third baby. I just like to be prepared and it would be hard not to know!
Do you want a boy or a girl:
We're really okay with either one. Last time, we liked the idea of having a boy as the oldest. This time around, I think we would like a girl. (It would be the first girl in a couple of generations on the Barb side). We really will be excited with whichever though! There were several all-boy families in my hometown, and I always thought they must have a lot of fun! I'm learning boy--and I would have a LOT to learn for girl. I can hardly put my own hair in a ponytail :) We are excited for the challenge- either way!
Baby's heart rate: 162 at 12 weeks, 4 days. Cooper's was 158 at 12 weeks, 1 day.
Something that's silly, but I was excited about....I only gained ONE pound this past month. I think they recommend that you gain about 25-35 pounds during your pregnancy. I doubled that last time :( I gained 65 pounds with Cooper, and sadly, it hadn't all come off. So I'm starting this pregnancy weighing more, and would love not to gain that much. So comparing to this point last time, I had gained about 13 pounds by the end of the first trimester, and currently (though I don't know exactly where I started), I would guess maybe 3-4 pounds so far.
So there's a baby update. I haven't taken any pictures--but I'm really not showing much. My jeans still zip up normally. I'm guessing that will all change in the next few weeks.
And because you are interested in what Cooper's been up to--here has been our day.
Thankfully, he wasn't hurt with the lamp crash. We moved furniture around yesterday, so we would be ready to set up Christmas decorations soon. We didn't really think about how now the lamp was in his reach, and he would just grab it and pull it down. So there's that. He also loves to take DVDs out of the drawer and we have a few VCR tapes as well. I saw him slide a tape out of it's box and next thing I know, he's pulling the tape out! These are just things though. He's our full-of-life boy!
We also get to have lots of sweet moments.
Mister got a haircut yesterday, so the next pictures will be his new style :) Thanks for reading!





No comments:
Post a Comment