Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pregnancy musings

My pregnancy with Hudson is quickly coming to an end.  I'm 39 weeks and 3 days--and there is an end in sight.  I had an appointment yesterday and we went ahead and scheduled an induction date for Monday, June 2nd (my due date).  My doctor asked me what I wanted to do...well I think she worded it as, "what kind of person are you?"  I was torn...which led to me crying.  I'm mentally done being pregnant.  This happened with Cooper's pregnancy too.  This is where Facebook is awful because everyone I know who has been due around the same time as me has already had their baby.  I also think that doctors shouldn't say "anyday now...go ahead and have that baby..." because it really makes me think 'anyday now' as the weeks go by.  I really have no reason to complain though because I have had 2 healthy pregnancies-- no miscarriages or infertility and really no complaints during pregnancy.  Although I would love for Hudson to come on his own before Monday, we went ahead and scheduled an induction even though my doctor was willing to let me go over another half week-week.  I'm really not even super uncomfortable, which I contribute to my long torso and that he is probably still pretty comfy in there.  I'm just selfish and done.  I've been eating pineapple & spicy food, going on walks, and bouncing on a big exercise ball.  2cm dilated and 80% effaced. This does put me farther than I was with Cooper at this point (although this hasn't changed in two weeks).  So I think for my mental state and attitude, having a date has helped.

I have a couple of personal goals to celebrate with this pregnancy:
- I have gained half the amount of weight that I gained with Cooper! (probably helps not working at Chick-fil-A) 
- I had a goal to workout at least 3-5 times per week, which I've done!  This included running, which I did up until a few weeks ago.  Lately it's been more walking, stationary bike or the elliptical.
- I can still wear my wedding ring.

So there is a little update.  Hudson is coming soon and we are excited to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment