We bought this little dresser off Craigslist and it will also be used for lots of diaper changes. We hung a pegboard and just put some simple stuff on it (H, clock, chain with birdie, baskets for holding wipes, diapers, creams, etc). The pictures on the wall are some free printables that I found online.
The closet didn't have a door on it, so we bought some fabric and Eric sewed a curtain for that space. We added some shelves (that you can barely see on the left side) and then some more drawers for storage. I love the adorable baskets (thank you Target) that are on the upper shelf and there is also plenty of space on the rack for hanging clothes.
We ended up just buying some plain reddish/orange curtains for the window. After realizing how easy the curtain was to sew for the closet, we realized we could have just made our own. But the ones we bought were on clearance and even with coupons, we couldn't have made two panels for that price. We moved the rocker glider from Cooper's room into the nursery and Cooper got a chair that Eric reupholstered. Eric used the extra fabric from the closet curtain to make a little pillow cover too!
I made a yarn ball mobile that hangs in the corner by the crib. We have some friends that let us borrow a crib (since Cooper is still in his crib) and we left it how it is. It actually goes well with the dresser and the rest of the room. The wall hanging is a canvas map from Hobby Lobby.
And the last thing is the baby quilt we made. I picked some fabric and a pattern, we pieced it, and then had it quilted at a shop in town. The fabric is Birch Organics and is from the Mod Basics line. I picked another random fabric for the back when I dropped it off to be quilted.
So there is a quick view of the nursery! I think we still would like to find some sort of book holder or bookshelf and the largest wall in the room doesn't have anything hanging on it--but I think over time, we will figure out what to do. Okay baby boy....we're pretty ready for you! I guess we need to buy some diapers now--considering we have 1 newborn diaper and then Cooper's diapers (which are huge in comparison)!
+/- 26 days!











No comments:
Post a Comment