- We went to the doctor on Wednesday, and Hudson weighs 13 lbs, 9 ounces (19%), is 25 inches long (44%) and his head is 42.2cm (69%). He didn't grow as quickly the past two months, and has dropped in all of the percentages, but he is still WAY ahead of where Cooper was at this point. Our pediatrician was happy with his growth and told me to keep doing what I'm doing--which is good!
- I just changed his clothes out, so he is now wearing 3-6/6 month clothes and is in size 2 diapers.
- Sleep has improved SO much in the past week. Our pediatrician mentioned back at his two month appointment that he could safely start sleeping through the night at any point (meaning he didn't have to have milk throughout the night), but that we shouldn't expect it until probably four months. I told Eric a few weeks ago that I thought we were far, far off from sleeping through the night. He seemed to be waking up twice to eat and then several other times between the feedings. But since last Wednesday, he has really only woken up once to eat and maybe one other time. Like last night, he woke up at 3:15 and I fed him, and then he went back down until morning. Naps are pretty good throughout the day, although he doesn't generally sleep very long if we are out and about.
- Breastfeeding is still going well...and he eats about 6 times during the day and once at night. I asked about starting rice cereal and our pediatrician said we'll just wait until 6 months.
- I took him to the doctor back at around three months for a few little spots (two on his knee and two on his foot). The two on his knee looked almost like mosquito bites, which we often take walks at night, so that didn't surprise me. However, the two on his foot looked like blisters (and were puss-filled, but had popped before we saw the doctor from him rubbing his heels). He had a random fever (for just a couple of hours) a couple of days before the spots came. The doctor diagnosed it as impetigo, which is a bacterial skin infection. He prescribed some antibacterial cream and thought that should take care of it. Our pediatrician did check his hands and mouth to see if it was Hand, Foot, & Mouth, but said he didn't have any spots there and also thought he was a little young to get that and should still have antibodies built up. The next day, I had a sore throat and had a fever, and then started getting spots on my hands, feet, and in my mouth. I definitely had Hand, Foot, & Mouth. All that to say, I'm pretty sure I got it from Hudson, who somehow just got a few spots, but nothing else developed.
- Hudson constantly has his hands and fingers in his mouth. He is pretty much soaked down the front all the time...and that tongue is almost always out.
- I have been able to leave Hudson at the nursery gym for the past month. I try to time it to be a nap time, and so far, I haven't gotten paged yet. Cooper loves going to the gym, so I'm glad that Hudson is doing well with it too.
- Hudson has just found his feet in the past week. They haven't made it to his mouth yet, but he loves to hold them!
- He can roll from his tummy to his back, but hasn't rolled the other way yet. We should expect that to happen sometime in the next month or two. We swaddle him for naps and bedtime, and sometimes if he's mad, he will arch his back and I think he's going to flip himself over from being so mad. :)
- I love his little smile...and he smiles pretty much all the time. His little face lights up every time he makes eye contact with me, and he is usually even pretty generous with strangers (unless he's tired and zoning out). He's just started to laugh in the past couple of weeks. Cooper and I were jumping the other day and he laughed and laughed every time we did it. His voice has turned a little more raspy in the past few weeks, and it is cute.
- Cooper loves Hudson. We have to remind him often that he is a baby and he shouldn't lay on him, or pull his arm. I have to be careful when I lay Hud on the floor to make sure that Cooper doesn't go lay on top of him. He used to just lay next to him, so I don't know why he suddenly thinks on top is better.
Here are some recent pictures of Hudson:
| These pictures were only a couple of minutes apart :) |
| Big boy in the bumbo |
![]() |
| Mr. Smiley--making friends ;) |
![]() |
| Found my feet! |
![]() |
| Usually in a good mood for bath time! |
| Starting to grasp and "play" with toys |
This last picture is Cooper (and his cousin Drew) when Cooper was four months. I think they look like they are related, but each have their own look.
Four months...and trucking along...we love you, Hudson!









No comments:
Post a Comment