Our friend Whitney has began making and decorating cookies in the last year. She has a lot of talent and decorates the cutest cookies. We've seen the success that Whitney has had, and since she is in a different "market" than us, we decided to try our hand at cookies. This is something that both Eric and I like to do, and something we can do as a team. We aren't very connected in Jefferson City, considering that neither of us are from here nor do we have children who are in many activities, so it's going to be slow going. But, we would love to get to make cookies because we really enjoy it.
Here are some of the cookies that we have made....and I really think we are improving each time. The cookies actually taste really good too! I know sometimes I'll get a cookie at Panera or somewhere that's decorated cute, but then doesn't have much taste.
These yellow stars were the first ones we made. We have definitely learned how to better outline and flood the cookies. For our first time, we went simple with one color frosting and just outline/flood. These cookies were used as snack at church with the kids when we talked about the Wise men following the star (and I know it's not Christmas yet).
We made a hodge podge of cookies to practice for Cooper's birthday party. We just wanted to try different techniques of decorating. They ended up going to work with Eric as little treat on a Friday morning.
These cookies were for a Back to School event....and probably my favorite ones to decorate so far.
I've shown these pictures before from Cooper's birthday party, but here are the 'Trains, Planes, and Automobiles' party cookies.
We made these Cardinals cookies for Matt's birthday. Thankfully, we remembered to take a picture before they were all gone.
Here comes the shameless plug....let us know if you need cookies for your next meeting, party, event, tailgate, or celebration! The Barb kitchen is ready to get baking....




I think these are super amazing. And how cool that you can do it together. You guys have some mad skills there. You probably know this but packaging for me can also be a deal maker!! You are going to go far!!!! Do you have a business name yet? I can't wait to see where this goes!
ReplyDeleteFun! One of my good friends did this for a lot of years. She tried to get me to take it over in high school, but I wasn't meticulous enough. She would make bouquets where the cookies were on dowels and they were super cute! Good luck friend!
ReplyDelete