Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Steps

Cooper started "school" today!  He is attending First Steps and is a part of their enrichment program.  He is in the Jungle class (18-24 months old) and will go to school every Thursday morning!

In his class, they are going to learn letters, numbers, shapes, Bible stories, memorize Bible verses, do crafts, play outside, daily calendar and weather, and so much more....  We are excited for the social interaction and group skills that he *hopefully* will learn, like taking turns, following directions, sitting in a circle, getting in a line to leave the classroom, etc. 

The obligatory "First Day" picture

Waiting on the steps for the bell to ring to be able to go to class

...and when I came to pick him up 2 1/2 hours later, he was all smiles.  I could tell he was starting to get a little whiny when I walked in, but his two teachers assured me that he just started that as parents had come in to pick up kids. 

What does a two year old look like after their first day?  I came in to a blue, green, yellow handed kid...with smears of green and blue on his face and random places down his legs! The teachers assured me that they had washed his hands and tried to get the paint off (it's washable).  It's just proof to me that he was participating in Apple Painting! 




Happy first day, sweet boy!  I'm excited for the things you will learn and the friends you will make this year.  And I'm also excited for a little break every Thursday ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment