Thursday, August 28, 2014

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

We had Cooper's birthday party on Saturday (two days before his actual birthday).  We decided to invite just family this year, which ended up being 30 people.  I was torn between inviting family, friends, or both, but decided we don't get to see extended family very often, so this would be a good opportunity to see those that could come.  The theme was Planes, Trains, and Automobiles--which are Cooper's favorite things!

We love getting to decorate our home and make yummy treats for holidays and special occasions.








We did a taco/nacho bar with fruit for lunch...and then had cupcakes, cookies, and ice cream for dessert.  We had thought about having his party at the park, but I am SOOOO glad we didn't.  It ended up being about 95-100 degrees that day, and being outside the whole time/grilling could have been miserable.  We turned our air conditioner way down the night before, and our house stayed relatively comfortable all day.  It was even kind of cool in the basement and that's where we had Cooper open his gifts and had tables set up for eating. (I don't think I've ever shown our basement.  It's interesting....with wood-paneled walls, pink painted walls, and fluorescent lights.  It is open space though.)















We set up our little kiddie pool and a sprinkler so the kids could get outside and play in the water.  





Hudson got a little attention too :)  There wasn't a shortage of people willing to hold him.




We had a great day celebrating Cooper.  I'm grateful that so many of our family members were able to join us!  Happy birthday, Cooper!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. You are so talented and creative. And you can certainly make awesome treats!!!

    ReplyDelete