Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Birthday Interview
Cooper boy turned TWO yesterday. I attempted a birthday interview with him. He answered the questions and then I added in my two cents in (parenthesis).
Q: What is your favorite thing to play?
A: Cars
Q: What is your favorite thing to play with mama?
A: Play with fire engine (books, puzzles, stickers, coloring, cars)
Q: What is your favorite thing to play with daddy?
A: Daddy get you (Eric says, "I'm gonna get you"--tickling & wrestling which happens pretty
much when Eric walks in the door)
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: Sausage, manna (banana), noonles (noodles). (I would add fruit, tortas (tortillas) and
fruit snacks)
Q: What is your favorite color?
A: Blue, pink (he answers pink half the time...but usually picks green things)
Q: What is your favorite animal?
A: Cow, Horse-neigh
Q: What is your favorite thing to watch on TV?
A: Daniel Tiger. So excited! (Seriously...he would watch it all day if I would let him)
We also had our two year check up at the doctor this morning. Cooper is healthy and growing!
- Weight: 30 lbs, 8 ounces- 85%
- Height: 36 inches- 88%
- Head: 51.3 cm- 98%
- I know I've talked about this before, but Cooper is SO verbal. I think he remembers
everything we say and I laugh at how he says things with inflection or uses phrases in
correct context.
- He knows all the main colors...but gets a little mixed up with white and black.
- He loves books and has a lot of them memorized. Yesterday, he randomly started quoting
line after line of "The Little Blue Truck". He also memorized a bible verse that is up on his
wall and knows several songs.
- He can count from 1-14 and recognizes most of the alphabet (uppercase letters).
- He LOVES to watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood...and has seen all 40 of the episodes on
Netflix over and over and over again. He would seriously watch it all day, while playing, if
I would let him. He has even started to request certain episodes: "May watch Tiger pease?
Bakery one. Birthday Tiger. Turn it around."
- He enjoys playing with cars, trains, airplanes, etc. He likes to go play with the Thomas
train set at Barnes & Noble and the train set at the nursery at our gym. He likes to read
books, play with puzzles, color, play outside--rocks, digging, running around, swim, and
throw/catch balls.
- He still sleeps quite a bit (most of the time). Naps can be anywhere from an hour and half
to two and a half hours, and at night he sleeps around 11-12 hours.
- Our biggest battle with Cooper is how persistent he can be. He begs for things over and
over again...and we're working on how we need to ask when we want something. Instead
of "nilk, nilk, nilk, nilk" (milk) which is increasing in volume and sounding panic-y, we
need to ask, "May I have some milk, please?"
- He is also very apprehensive at times (which is good and bad). He's pretty independent,
but will clam up in certain situations. This played out this morning at the doctor. He
knew we were going to the doctor for a check-up and even talked about "Cooper's
check-up. Healthy. Open wide (ahhh). Look in your ears." but then when we got there, he
wanted his clothes/shoes back on and everything to be all done. He reacts the same way
with loud noises- the vacuum, blender, mixer...just wants it all done. He has started
surprising us with some new signs of having a little adventure in him though.
- He talks about himself in third person often. "Cooper do it. Go to Cooper's house. Cooper's
nilk (milk)."
We have been blessed with such a great boy. I feel like he is growing and changing constantly. He is full of life and keeps us on our toes. Happy Birthday, Cooper! We love you!
Labels:
Cooper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When you get mad and want to roar....take a deep breath and count to four. We alternate between Daniel Tiger and The Hive ("Mama, I want to watch BuzzBEEEEE") :)
ReplyDelete