Today, I'm writing this post about my hubby-to-be. He's really wonderful ... and one of the things that we have had in common since we met, is that we both enjoy running. When we met last May, we were both training (me for my first half-marathon, and him for his first marathon). He ran with a World Vision team last year in the Chicago Marathon and in just 2 1/2 weeks, he will run another 26.2 miles in the Bass Pro Shops Marathon in Springfield. This time around, Eric is running with 'I Run for Orphans' to raise money for 'His Voice Global', an organization that desires to empower orphans, widows, and church leaders to make disciples of all nations. I actually ran my half-marathon through 'I Run for Orphans' to raise money for 'His Voice' last year. Eric has a goal of raising $350. He is 58.5% there (so over halfway), but still has $145 (OR MORE) that he'd love to raise for His Voice. It gives a whole new outlook to running when you're doing it with a purpose. So how can you support him? ...It's easy. Just check out http://firstgiving.com/ericbarb1.
And did I mention that Eric is running this marathon on his birthday? Your giving can be like a birthday present :)
Also check out 'I Run for Orphans' http://www.irunfororphans.com/
and 'His Voice Global' http://www.hisvoiceforsudan.com/
and again, to donate for Eric http://firstgiving.com/ericbarb1
(Eric running the Chicago Marathon last year)

If you are joining him in Springfield we should have coffee or something if you have some spare time! Love you friend and I love your blog!
ReplyDelete