Monday, October 11, 2010

get out and vote today! (without fighting the lines at the polls)

I should start with an apology....I guess I feel like I don't have enough to say to write that often (plus just finding the time to write a post). So sorry that these posts have been few and far between. And despite my title, this is not a political post, but you will have the opportunity to exercise your freedom to vote today!

The past week and a half was so busy! We had our collegiate fall retreat at Tan-Tar-A during the first weekend of October. It was exciting to have students gather from all over the state and we were excited about having a large number of international students join in too. This was our first effort at a state-wide international student conference. We had students from China, Indonesia, France, Myanmar, the Congo, and beyond.... It was so encouraging! Please be praying for these students- that they would build relationships with Christians, that they would hear the Gospel during their time in the states and ultimately, that they would become disciples and take the Gospel back home with them.

On Wednesday, a team of 31 from all over the state of Missouri left for Catalyst Conference in Atlanta. This was my fourth time attending Catalyst, and I have been challenged so much each time that I have been. It's hard to sit and listen to Andy Stanley, Francis Chan, Beth Moore, etc and not be challenged. I was reminded that I have no idea what God wants to do with me. I will do what I want out of passion. The question is not, "Do we have what it takes to start?, but "do we have what it takes to stay?" I want my life to fit with the Bible. We can't avoid tension and love people. Honor publicly leads to influence privately and if you're not dead, you're not done. (those are just a few snid-bits and quotes that I'm still processing through).

While at Catalyst, Ed Moncada, who serves as our International Student Ministry coordinator and led the International Student portion of Getaway, got the chance to share his vision for ministry. Ed desires a Heartland Awakening and prays MANY, MANY hours towards that. Ed prays many, many hours for a lot of things. I'm always encouraged when I get texts or emails from Ed about how he is praying for me. He told me just last week that he is praying specifically for nice weather on our wedding day. He has been praying for Eric and I for a long time...and we are encouraged so much by Ed. Please take a minute to go and vote for Ed and help bless him in his ministry.

http://www.agfinancial.org/catalyst-conference-videos/


P.S. Next month! Eric and I are pretty excited that we can officially say, "we're getting married...next month!" How great is that?! We feel like all the details are coming together well (and if they're aren't, oh well, we're getting married anyways!) And in other news, both Eric and I hit 100,000 miles on our cars in the last 24 hours. Funny, little coincidence! And my stats tell me that 450+ have read this blog...hmm...seems to be lacking in the comment department.

No comments:

Post a Comment