I saw this on a friend's blog today...so I thought I would write a few letters of my own!
Dear Fall, Thanks for showing up! As a child, I loved Winter the best (probably because of the snow days), but you have definitely taken first. I love hot chocolate in the morning (sugar-free, of course), hoodies and jeans, college football, running in cooler weather, and hayrides.
Dear MoDOT, Is there a way to make a direct route from Jefferson City to Cape Girardeau? Or maybe some way to move it closer together so that there is no longer a 3 1/2 hour drive? Please work on that. And it would help if you would currently stop working on all the road construction projects on the weekends.
Dear 7 Pounds, Please go away. I know you are sad to leave me....but just know that there are 93 other pounds out there somewhere that want you to come play with them.
Dear Mizzou, I apologize that I have not been to a football game. You must be disappointed in me, but know that I'm proud that you are 4-0. My days as a season ticket holder may have ended....but my allegiance remains.
Dear God, Thanks for being faithful and constant. You remain the same and are diligent to pursue me and allow me to know You more. Thanks for grace and strength.
Dear Wedding Dress, I'm so glad that you are a perfect fit. Please don't get mad at me if I lose a few pounds between now and the wedding. I'll try and convince those pounds to come off of specific places, as to not ruin your perfectness.
Dear President Obama, I know there are many mixed reactions about you and I understand that you have a very important job in leading our country. While I try not to get too political, I do have one thing to thank you for today: health insurance. I might be the only person in the country that benefits from your new healthcare reform. You have given me insurance for another whole year and will allow me to get to 10 years cancer-free (and be able to be picked up by normal insurance companies at a normal rate!)
Dear Car, Please continue to do what you do best...work. Thanks for getting me from place to place even as I continue to rack up the miles. You are just 140 miles from 100,000. I promise to get you checked routinely if you promise to keep going.
Dear Biggest Loser, Thanks for being on TV every Tuesday night. You motivate me to continue with diet and exercise...and sometimes make me a cry a little too much.
Dear Eric, You're my favorite. I'm excited to be your wife and not have this whole long-distance thing going on. What do you say we get married in two months? (oh wait...you already asked me that question...)
Yay! You have a blog too! :) And I like your letters! I am so incredibly excited for all the Lord is doing in your life, and I can't wait to read more about it! I wish we could catch up in person someday, I sure do miss your amazing self! And...I'm watching BL right now too...I've been so excited for the new season to start! Have a blessed week, friend!
ReplyDeleteI love this! Too cute! Every time you post I think I like you a little more (if that's possible)!
ReplyDelete