Monday, January 12, 2015

Favorite Things

Most of my blogging is centered around my family....what we have been doing, how the boys are developing, trips and experiences, etc.  I decided, just randomly, that I would do an entry on a few of my favorite things [insert Julie Andrews' singing].  I'm a creature of habit and when I like something, I will buy, use, or make it over and over again.  So without further adieu, here are five of my favorite things!



1. Caribou Coffee Hot Chocolate -- I've talked on here before about how much I enjoy Caribou's Hot Chocolate, which you can get in milk chocolate, white chocolate, or dark chocolate.  Eric got me a container of chips that I can just add to my own milk at home (which is considerably cheaper than spending $3-4 on a drink there).  I don't drink coffee and rarely drink tea....and this is my go-to warm drink.  Cold nights mean I want a hot chocolate almost every day! Yikes!


2. Chewy Granola Bars -- My friend Denise brought these to a girls' night back in November and I thought they were SO good.  She passed along the recipe, via Pinterest, and I have made them three times since then (including today).  I tell myself that they are good for me since oatmeal helps with breast milk supply ;)  The recipe can be found here.


3. Super soft Mizzou throw -- This blanket was a gift from my mother-in-law and it is just so soft and comfy.  Since I'm wearing shorts around the house about 90% the time, I will often put a blanket on if I sit down.  It would be perfect to snuggle up in and watch.....

(image from HGTV website)

4. Fixer Upper -- Have you seen this show?  The couple, Chip and Joanna, are adorable and they do awesome work at fixing up old and outdated homes.  We don't have cable, so I've just seen a few episodes at my parents' house over Thanksgiving.  But seriously, how do I get them to come to my house? (Live in Texas and have money to pay them....) If you have HGTV, you should check out this show!

(image from Foot Locker website)

5. Mizuno Wave Rider running shoes -- My last six pairs of running shoes have been Mizuno Wave Riders, which have been great, so "if it ain't broke..." Eric and I have signed up for a half marathon in April and I need to get new shoes.  I currently own the bright turquoise and pink ones shown above, and I'll typically buy whatever color is the cheapest (which can vary online).  The nice thing about knowing what works is that it saves the time and energy of trying on a bunch of new shoes--not knowing if they will rub, be the right amount of cushion, and be comfortable when it actually comes to running outside in them.

Those are five of my favorite things (at the moment).  What are some of your favorite things??

2 comments:

  1. 1. Rehab addict (HGTV on Netflix, also fixing up houses)
    2. dish tubs. You know, the kind your grandma might have had to do dishes in her sink. They are about 2 bucks at walmart, and I use them to organize anything that needs organizing in our kitchen, under our sinks, with toys, and in the girls' closet. They are much MUCH cheaper than official organizational bins, and I find if I buy all in the same color, they look a little more 'official' to me.
    3. Parchment paper squares. No more fighting to keep a piece of parchment paper from rolling back up, the squares fit all my cookie sheets/pans. (it really is the little things)
    4. Burts bees chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie- I have not heard of parchment squares. How do they compare in price? And the plastic tubs...I'm guessing you might be talking about the same kind of tub I carried around when I was sick as my puke bucket ;)

    ReplyDelete