Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hudson- 1 month

Hudson is already one month old!  I feel like the past month went by so quickly! We are adjusting well as a family of four, and my last week and half as a stay-at-home mom of two boys has gone pretty well.  There have been days that I'm like, "okay, I got this...." to be reminded the next day that I have to rely on the Lord because I am not superwoman and I can't do this without Him.  It's much better that way anyways :)

Hudson had his one month appt at the doctor today and he is doing great. Our pediatrician commented that he has a strong neck and strong legs and that we should start doing tummy time with him.  He said we should start seeing real smiles (which I think we've seen a couple that aren't sleepy/gas related) and he will begin to track more with his eyes.  The doctor said it is okay if he starts sleeping through the night, but we shouldn't expect that until probably at least four months.   

His current stats are:
9 lbs, 13 oz- 53%
22 inches long- 81%
38.3cm head circumference- 88%

Hudson is wearing size one diapers and moving into 0-3/3 month clothing because a lot of the newborn stuff is too short (plunging neckline or gap at the bottom snaps).

Hudson is eating about every three hours and has been exclusively breast-fed.  I will probably pump and do a bottle sometime soon, but I wanted to give time to establish a good breastfeeding relationship. 

I am ready for Hudson to sleep longer at night, but I have to remind myself that he is only one month old.  We've been going to bed sometime between 10:30-11:30, Hudson wakes up to feed twice in the night, and then we start the day around 7:30-8:00.  I think every night that maybe tonight will be the night that he only wakes up once...but seriously, I am so grateful that he feeds and goes back to sleep!  He is more alert during the day and staying awake for longer periods of time. 



We've also discovered that Hudson likes the swing (like his big brother did).  


And I mentioned on the last blog that Cooper didn't want to hold Hudson...well that changed a couple days later.  He didn't really "hold" him, but he was excited to take the picture.  One night at bedtime, Cooper had told me, "I love you, mama." and I was holding Hudson and you could tell his wheels were turning...and he said, "I love you. Baby. Hudsons." :)

And just a few more random pictures...




And to compare...Cooper at one month:

Hudson at one month:

We love you so much, Hudson, and can't imagine our family without you.  We are embracing the newborn days and also excited to see you grow and develop.  Thank you Lord for this sweet addition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment