Saturday, April 5, 2014

Reflection--April 5

Here is my blog post from this day, three years ago. Even more has changed in my life--buying 2 houses (and moving), running a marathon, having a baby, being pregnant with another baby, learning how to be a mom...the list goes on. And my heart is still grateful, even when I don't understand why things happen like they do. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This Day in History...

Today is a day of reflection and gratitude.  A lot has happened in the last 10 years.  Let's see:
-got my driver's license
-traveled in an airplane for the first time
-graduated high school
-went to college
-moved 6 times
-got my first job 
-graduated college
-traveled outside the United States 7 times 
-met some of my closest & greatest friends
-got married to my best friend

...and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.  Not to mention all the things that have happened (nothing to do with me):
-September 11th
-Cardinals won the World Series
-two ongoing wars
-America elected it's first black president
-Hurricane Katrina
-invention of the ipod, iphone, ipad....crazy advances in technology
....and on and on....


But why do I choose to reflect on this day?  Because it's the day I was diagnosed with leukemia. 10 years ago.  Even though it isn't my remission date, I've been waiting for this day for a long time.  It means I'm just a few months away from saying, "I've been in remission for 10 years!" I'm just a few months away from qualifying for normal health insurance.  And I'm just a few months away from being in a "safety zone" that comes with being 10 years removed. 

God is good.  April 5, 2001 was a hard day for my family....and began a hard season in our lives.  The Lord chose to heal me completely.  He chose to use a miracle on me when treatments weren't going well.  I'm grateful.  I want to make much of Him today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment