Monday, September 9, 2013

Colorado vacation- day 2

We decided to keep Saturday as a low-key day on vacation.  We were planning to do some driving on Sunday and Monday, so thought it would be good just to relax and let Cooper have a pretty structured nap day.  So after we woke up, we ventured out to find a Caribou Coffee.  The closest one was only about a mile away, but when we got there, it was closed.  It was in the Denver Tech Center area (which is a corporate area) and when we got there we found out that they are only open Monday-Friday.  Luckily, the next closest Caribou Coffee was only maybe 4-5 miles away.  Whenever we went to Atlanta back in January, we began to love Caribou Coffee's hot chocolate.  They make it with cocoa nibs and then steam the milk with those in the bottom of the cup, and then stir it up.  It is so much better than a syrup-based hot chocolate.  HyVee in Columbia has Caribou Coffee in it--so I'm sure we will get to enjoy it in the fall and winter!


After breakfast, we decided to just go back to the hotel so Cooper could get a morning nap.  I just relaxed during his nap time and Eric worked out in the hotel gym.  We went to Qdoba for lunch (which was a treat since we no longer live near a Qdoba) and then ventured to some shopping at Ikea!  Ikea was only a few miles from our hotel and I always enjoy looking around in there.  I seem to never go to Ikea when I have a car (always when I've traveled by plane), so I never buy very much.  We did find some colorful kiddie plates and cutlery on sale that will especially come in handy as Cooper gets more practice using a spoon and fork by himself.  We also found a couple of wooden toys that we are going to tuck away for Cooper.  (As you can tell from the pictures taken from the website, we didn't spend much money).











After seeing all that Ikea has to offer, we decided to head back towards the hotel and make a little stop at an ice cream shop.  Liks was close by and had a cute vintage ice cream shop feel inside! 





While we there eating our ice cream, Cooper started stretching his arms out.  When we had been at the zoo the day before and Eric carried Cooper on his shoulders, we were asking "how big is Cooper? ... so big!" and stretching his arms out.  I realized that's what Cooper was trying to do when we were eating our ice cream.  So we asked him a few times, and while he doesn't go for the full stretch, it's still pretty cute.  It looks a little bit like "I don't know" or "good question".


After Cooper had his afternoon nap, we took him to go swimming in the pool.  Our hotel had an indoor and an outdoor pool, but the outdoor pool was really full.  So we decided to take him to the indoor pool.  He seems to enjoy being in the pool, but generally is more interested in watching other kids swim, throw balls, and jump in.


After pool time, we got cleaned up and went and grabbed dinner.  Saturday was pretty laid back and that's what is great about vacation!  You can decide to do as much or as little as you want!


Bonus: I forgot from Friday that we did have a sweet treat on that day too; Gigi's cupcakes.
We went after dinner, about 30 minutes before they close, and there were only about 7 cupcakes left.  The girl working said they had been really busy that day.  It wasn't the best cupcake I've ever had, but satisfied our sweet tooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment