Friday, September 28, 2012

Cooper is here!

In case you haven't noticed (from the pictures and fb posts), Cooper is here!  After 32 hours of being in the hospital, he decided to grace us with his presence... 37 minutes before his due date.  It's funny how after you have a baby, it is so much more interesting to hear other women's labor stories and experiences.  I now have a better understanding of the verbage and can empathize in many ways.  And let me tell you, God is so faithful, gracious, and took care of us during the entire experience (not that I doubted He would).  Cooper was born at 11:23pm on Saturday, August 25th, weighing 8 lbs, 1 ounce and 20 inches long.  He had a little bit of a rough start, but is extremely healthy!  We're thankful that he is eating, sleeping, and relieving himself very well!  I think that's all you can really ask for from a newborn.  We had our appointment with the pediatrician at 2 1/2 weeks, and he weighed in at 8 lbs,  5 ounces (which he left the hospital at 7lbs, 13 ounces) and so he was very pleased that he had gained back his birth weight and above!  So now for some pictures--
Our first family photo. I know I look rough--and yes, I felt like I looked.

First ride in the stroller--he loves the carseat, stroller, Moby wrap, and Bjorn backpack

Sweet boy sleeping...which we swaddle him at night (and not typically in the day)

Bri came and took some newborn pictures. Can't get enough of him!!

He stayed awake and so content during his photo shoot
Dad got to feed the first bottle! I don't pump much, but he has taken 4 bottles now.
And now, since I'm almost 5 weeks behind in posting anything, we have a one month old!  So some updates (and things for me to remember later): We think he weighs between 9-9 1/2 lbs.  He usually wakes up to feed once during the night and then around 6am.  We're figuring out that he doesn't love to lay on his back all the time (when he is awake)--so we don't have the baby that just lays on a blanket during the day.  He like to be held and does usually pretty well in the bouncy seat.  I went to an infant massage class earlier in the week and he actually did really well with being on his tummy, so we might have a boy that enjoys tummy time when we get to that....and might become a tummy sleeper like his momma.  We have taken two trips out of town and he has done great with the car rides.  He has slept most of the time and then even if he is awake in the car, just hangs out pretty content.  Cooper isn't really a fan of bath time.  Today was actually the first time he didn't scream and cry through the entire bath--we're making progress :)  He is still wearing newborn diapers and newborn/0-3 months clothes...although some of his newborn clothes are starting to get too small in length.  He has been to church twice, out to restaurants, a few trips to the store, and over to friends' house.  He enjoys the stroller and has done really well on our walks.  Here are a few pictures I snapped when we took one month pictures on Tuesday.
One month old!



We're still doing sponge baths--we can do them quicker and today we had no crying!
We love you, Cooper Owen, and are so thankful for you!  One of the nurses in the hospital said, "So I hear that you had leukemia ... I guess the chemo didn't kill off your eggs!" This is exactly what my oncologist said to me too, which is just a reminder that Cooper is a gift from God.  And can I also say how much I love my husband.  I knew he was going to be a great daddy, but it's even more than I imagined.  I love our little family of three!

1 comment:

  1. Cooper is so sweet, Kelly! May God bless your sweet little family of 3! So glad he is here! :)

    ReplyDelete