Saturday, July 28, 2012

Coop's nursery

The days of Eric & Kelly Barb, the couple, are slowly winding down...and we are preparing (as much as we know how) to become a family of three.  I have now moved to weekly doctor appointments and everything is still going great.  We talked with our doctor yesterday about signs of labor, when to go to the hospital, and just got to ask her some questions about "how will we know?"  It's funny because I get asked all the time if I have had any contractions, lost my mucous plug, or if the baby has dropped.  And generally my answer is, "I don't think so- but I don't know what any of that feels like..."  We do have a small bit of progress though, because as of yesterday, I was dilated to "almost a 1" :)  I know that I could hang out there for weeks though.

I can't believe the summer is winding down.  Classes start back at SEMO on August 20th.  We have had a busy and really great summer: Summer Missions Orientation, Super Summer, two baby showers, time with family and friends, a trip to southeast Kansas, Campus Missionary Training, buying a new car, taking a couple of classes at the hospital, and getting the nursery ready for Cooper's arrival.  So do you want to see pictures?  I think we have all the necessities and all the things we don't need too.


We decided to piece together our own baby quilt.  (It is actually completely finished now and ready to be picked up!)  It was the inspiration that we built the room around for color.  I wanted something bright and fun--and to stay away from pastels or strictly blue and green.  The fabric is Alphabet Soup Boy by Riley Blake designs.

Here is the dresser that we got from an antique store and Eric painted.  I love the color!  He also updated the hardware.  We got the prints on the wall from Etsy and the dresser is also acting as the changing table.  In the next few pictures, you will see our new comfy swivel glider, Ikea spice racks turned into bookshelves, Ikea curtains, and homemade artwork.



Cooper also has his own rocking chair, that was made by some friends of Eric's from his hometown.



And then we have the crib, name on the wall, and storage unit with shelves, drawer, and laundry basket.  We haven't gotten everything put away, so the shelves and crib are currently acting as the catch-all.






I hope that helps you get a feel for the room!  I didn't have a great way to take pictures besides going around from wall to wall.   We're excited for our little man to arrive and be able to put all this stuff to use.  Who knew such a little thing could have so much stuff?! 

2 comments: