Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mommy and Me Adventure

Since the start of the new year, I have been attending the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group that meets twice a month. It's kind of crazy that we are coming up on a year since we moved, and so I thought it was time to try to get involved in some things. Yesterday, Cooper and I went on a 'mommy and me' adventure with some of the MOPS group. I wish I had taken more pictures (and pictures with other people/things), but my super active toddler needs constant close supervision as he is into everything and wants to walk everywhere. The adventure yesterday was to Longfellows Garden Center and then to a farm. The weather was cold (around 35 degrees) and windy...so not the best day to be outside, but we tried to make the most of it. While at Longfellows, we got to go in some of the green houses, plant a flower, do a coloring page, and have snack. And then at the farm, there were lots of animals to see: goat, pony, pig, chickens, rooster, cows, and more! Cooper knows all of the farm animals by sight and by what sound they make, so it was fun for him to see/hear them all in person. Here are some pictures from Longfellows (sorry there are no pictures from the farm):

Planting our pansy! He was barely tall enough to reach in and touch the dirt, so I did most of the planting.
Cheese!
Coloring and snack!
Playing inside the garden center
It cracks us up when he wants to cover up with his blanket in the car. (Driving to the farm)
The one picture from the farm: For the first 20 minutes, Cooper was more interested in the toys than the animals.

We had fun on our adventure and Cooper only took one fall that included dirt and gravel to the mouth, and we only had a couple of meltdowns about not being able to walk and touch everything...pretty successful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment