
Today is my last day living in Southeast Missouri (for now). I say 'for now' because Eric and I want to be sensitive to God's leading in our lives, and we would never make a claim that we are NOT going to live somewhere or on the other hand that someplace is going to be our forever (or really long time) home. I don't want you to get the idea that we are fickle, noncommittal, or just going with whatever way the wind takes us... because I think it is important for relationships and jobs to have some longevity. Relationships take time and energy. Yet we know as Isaiah 55:8-9 says, God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours. We believe He is sovereign and has a plan...and we desire to be in His will and be obedient. Part of that obedience is listening and acting at what He tells us. Obedience to stay. Obedience to go.
Moves have been very bittersweet for me. I'm always excited for what is next, yet it's a weird feeling to think that life will continue on even though I am not there. As we had our final BSU hangout yesterday, I had those bittersweet thoughts. I didn't feel too sad though because the relationships we have will continue. It's not "goodbye"...it's an "until next time".
Some of our students "surprised" us with a party on Sunday. It wasn't
really a surprise, because we kind of knew about it and had pieced some
things together--but we appreciate all the hard work and thoughtfulness
that went into planning this party for us. Seriously, we are SO
grateful for them.
 |
| some party goers/party throwers |
Eric would tell our students that they are not at SEMO to get a degree (shhh....don't tell your parents). Hopefully, they do get a degree in the process, but they are at SEMO to be a missionary to all of those that they are around. They are in a certain dorm, specific class, and placed around certain people for a reason. It's not an accident. Our students got that. They live on mission. They tell people about Jesus and live out the Gospel. I've loved getting to watch my husband lead these students. He put so much time and energy into planning things, preparing to teach, meeting with students, discipling, and showing them what it means to follow Christ. We've loved them and opened our home to them. And it has been so wonderful. They have loved us, loved Cooper, and taught us a great amount. When you have relationships like that, you know that it is not "goodbye", but rather "until next time".
 |
| Spring Break 2012 |
 |
| Vancouver- January 2011 |
 |
| August 2012 |
 |
| October 2011 |
 |
| October 2011 |
|
 |
| May 2011 |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment