Confession: I really don’t mean to only post once a month
for Cooper’s monthly update, but so far, that’s how it has been going. I’ll try and get better. Keyword: TRY
I’m sure this is going to be a phrase that I use for the
rest of my life….”I can’t believe you are already <fill in the
blank>. So here we are at the
end of November and I’m saying, “I can’t believe you are already 3 months
old!” We don’t go to the doctor
for another month (whew…don’t have to worry about the next round of shots for a
whole month), so I’m not exactly sure where we are on weight/length, but our
guess from trying to weigh on the scale is maybe 11 ½-12 lbs. He still seems pretty skinny and pretty
long. Coop is still in 0-3/3 month
clothing, although we have a few one-piece outfits that are a little short in
the legs. He is also still wearing
size one diapers. He is on a great
schedule- waking up in the morning about 8 and then feeding at 8, 11, 2, 5, 8
and then going down for the night.
He still wakes up once in the middle of the night (around 5 or 5:30),
but after he eats and gets a quick diaper change, he goes right back down
without a fuss! I can’t
believe that breastfeeding has gone so well. He is a great eater- and takes a bottle great when I’ve
needed to pump to be gone or for convenience out & about. He normally stays awake for about 1 ½-2
hours and then naps the other 1-1 ½ hours. Eat, play, sleep, repeat! Coop is really content and a pretty smiley boy! He will sometimes get a little fussy in
the evening and just cat nap, but we’ve had major improvements in bath time,
getting in the car seat, and taking naps in the crib. Seriously, such a happy boy! I love the mornings when I get to go in and wake up
Cooper. Although he seems a little
confused when he first wakes up, it’s great to start the day with those sweet
smiles. He is still rolling consistently
from his tummy to his back and a couple of days ago, he got up on his side and
almost rolled from his back to his tummy!
He laughs and “talks” to us and has interest in toys that hang on his
little play gym and yesterday, very directly looked at a toy on Eric’s lap,
reached for it, and grasped it in his fingers. We’ve tried sitting in the bumbo and while his neck is
getting so strong, it’s hard for him to hold it all the way up while sitting
there (so he was lounged back a little!)
And now for the pictures!
 |
| First family 5k |
|
 |
| Giraffe for first Halloween |
 |
| Hanging out with grandma on Thanksgiving |
 |
| Cooper and cousin Clara playing |
 |
| Cooper got to meet my college friends Brenna & Ashley |
 |
| Big boy at bath time! |
 |
| Snuggles with momma |
 |
| Strong neck! |
 |
| Sweet smiles |
 |
| precious boy |
Cooper, we love being your parents. You are an added joy to our family! We cherish these moments with you because we know you are growing so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment